Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors. Leveraging core technologies, Skyworks supports automotive, broadband, wireless infrastructure, energy management, GPS, industrial, medical, military, wireless networking, smartphone, and tablet applications. The Company's portfolio includes amplifiers, attenuators, circulators, demodulators, detectors, diodes, directional couplers, front-end modules, hybrids, infrastructure RF subsystems, isolators, lighting and display solutions, mixers, modulators, optocouplers, optoisolators, phase shifters, PLLs/synthesizers/VCOs, power dividers/combiners, power management devices, receivers, switches, and technical ceramics.
- Amplifiers: Skyworks Solutions is pleased to offer a broad selection of Power Amplifiers (PAs) and Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) for cellular applications and diverse markets such as wireless infrastructure, WLAN, automotive, test & measurement, energy management and other high performance microwave applications. These amplifier solutions leverage the extensive design knowledge, technical leadership, manufacturing expertise and superior quality of Skyworks.
- Attenuators: Skyworks Solutions is pleased to offer a broad selection of GaAs digital attenuators, PIN diode voltage variable attenuators, and silicon fixed attenuator pads for infrastructure, test & measurement, and other high performance microwave applications up to 40 GHz. These product solutions leverage Skyworks extensive design knowledge, technical leadership, manufacturing expertise, and superior quality.
- Circulators and Isolators: Skyworks is now pleased to offer our customers innovative and cost-competitive ferrite circulators and isolators for both military and commercial markets. Our circulators deliver industry-leading insertion loss performance, a critical parameter in radar design, of less than 0.25 dB. Skyworks achieves best-in-class performance through a systematic approach including Six Sigma tools and methodologies, which help ensure quality and reliability from product development through volume production. All production facilities are certified to ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards and our products are compliant to the European Union's RoHS directive 2002/95/EC. Skyworks circulators and isolators are used in a variety of wireless communications, as well as aerospace and defense applications. Our circulators and isolators assure clean transmit signals by offering low insertion loss and superior intermodulation distortion (IMD) performance. We can meet high performance, high power device requirements.
- Diodes: Building on a proven legacy (including products developed at Alpha Industries prior to its merger with Conexant), our diode product offering includes PIN, Schottky, varactor and limiter diodes for a wide variety of microwave applications including WLAN, infrastructure, handset, SatCom (LNB/DBS-CATV), automotive, military, test & measurement, metering, medical, and RFID. Our discrete silicon and GaAs semiconductors are available as die, plastic packaged, surface mount (SMT) and ceramic hermetic packaged devices. Frequency ranges include low frequency, HF, VHF, UHF, L band, S band, C band, X band, KU band, K band, and Ka band. Skyworks diode products are manufactured using the most advanced processes and leadership technology.
- Filters: Skyworks Solutions is pleased to offer a selection of programmable filters for cellular applications and diverse markets such as wireless infrastructure, automotive, test & measurement, energy management and other high performance microwave applications. These solutions leverage the extensive design knowledge, technical leadership, manufacturing expertise and superior quality of Skyworks.
- Front-End Modules (RF Solutions): Designed with cost and space savings in mind, Skyworks Front-End Modules combine the company's industry-leading power amplifier (PA), low noise amplifiers (LNA) and switch functions into single low-cost, laminate-based multi-chip modules (MCM). Key features of the transmit FEMs include multi-band/multi-mode power amplifiers, current sensing power control, high-linearity transmit/receive switches and all associated filtering, duplexing and control functions. Further, the new module requires no external matching components, accelerating time-to-market. Manufactured using Skyworks' proprietary heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) power amplifier process and low-loss pseudomorphic high electron mobility transistor (PHEMT) switch technologies, Skyworks' Front-End Modules deliver superior handset talk and standby time.
- Limiter Modules: Skyworks' limiter modules are used in a variety of wireless communications and aerospace and defense applications. A limiter prevents overload by allowing RF signals below a certain threshold to pass through, but larger signals exceeding the threshold become increasingly attenuated. A typical application is as a passive receiver protector in infrastructure or military RF systems for frequencies up to 6 GHz. Skyworks limiter modules are comprised of integrated PIN limiter diodes and DC blocking caps at the RF ports in a 2–lead MLP package. This improves performance, reduces circuit implementation complexity and PCB area required compared to designs using discrete components.
- Mixers: Skyworks Solutions offers a broad selection of Mixers.
- Modulators/Demodulator: Skyworks Solutions offers a broad selection of Modulators and Demodulators.
- OptoIsolators/OptoCouplers: In May 2011, Skyworks Solutions acquired Isolink, the leading supplier of high performance and high quality optoelectronic radiation tolerant components worldwide. Through this acquisition, Skyworks is pleased to offer customers an even broader product portfolio and continue creating best-in-class solutions. Through Isolink, Skyworks now provides products and services to hi-reliability, military, aerospace, hybrid, industrial, medical and telecommunications markets, with the ability to manufacture high-performance miniature hybrids and hermetically sealed devices. Isolink pioneered the miniaturization of some of the most advanced optoelectronic components and this expertise in optoelectronic components enables us to manufacture products of high quality, achieving high isolation voltages, high common mode rejection and radiation tolerance for high demand environments.
- PLLs/Synthesizers/VCOs: Skyworks Solutions is pleased to offer a broad selection of PLLs, Synthesizers, and VCOs.
- Power Management: In January 2012, Skyworks completed its acquisition of Advanced Analogic Technologies, Inc. (AATI), an analog semiconductor company focused on enabling energy-efficient devices for consumer electronics, computing and communications markets. This acquisition expands Skyworks' portfolio with highly complementary analog semiconductor products including battery chargers, DC/DC converters, voltage regulators and LED drivers. It also enables Skyworks to further capitalize on its strong smart phone, tablet, set-top box, infrastructure, automotive, aerospace defense, connected home, smart energy, and medical positions with an expanded and differentiated product portfolio while accelerating entry into new vertical markets. Skyworks is committed to developing and delivering products of unprecedented integration that improves our customers' performance in the increasingly connected wireless world.
- RF Passives: Skyworks' RF passive portfolio includes MIS silicon chip capacitors, directional and 90-degree hybrid couplers, fixed attenuator pads, power dividers/combiners, and analog phase shifters in a variety of die, wafer on film frame, or plastic packaged configurations. The broad portfolio enables customers to achieve cost-effective, small form-factor solutions for wireless infrastructure, test & measurement, RF ID, smart energy, military and other RF/microwave applications.
- Switches: Skyworks Solutions is pleased to offer a broad selection of SoI and GaAs switches for diverse markets such as WLAN, handset, wireless infrastructure, SatCom, automotive, test & measurement, energy management, and other microwave applications. Skyworks switches are available in many different configurations including broadband, high power, high isolation, low insertion loss, reflective, non-reflective, and ultra high linearity for SVLTE. Our lead (Pb)-free, RoHS-compliant and Green™ high quality products are available for applications including antenna transmit/receive (T/R) switches for use in cellular handsets and WLAN systems, synthesizer switches for infrastructure needs, and many other high volume, high performance requirements. These switch product solutions leverage the extensive design knowledge, technical leadership, manufacturing expertise and superior quality of Skyworks.
- Technical Ceramics: Skyworks Solutions, through Trans-Tech, its industry-leading ceramic products division, designs and manufactures a complete line of RF and microwave components for commercial markets. With over 50 years of experience, we offer a complete line of high quality, low-cost ceramic-based components for a number of RF and microwave markets including wireless communications, infrastructure, military, cable television, broadband access, circuit miniaturization. Our tightly controlled processes, from raw materials to forming, firing, finishing, assembly and test, produce the highest quality and the most consistently reproducible components available today for both low and high volume requirements. Our product portfolio includes dielectric resonators and coaxial transmission line elements for DRO and VCO applications, ceramic bandpass filters, ferrite and garnet material for circulators/isolators, and advanced materials as technical powders and in ingot form.
Headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts, USA, Skyworks is worldwide with engineering, manufacturing, sales, and service facilities throughout Asia, Europe, and North America. Skyworks streamlines and solves the real-world challenges of our customers. Because we offer the complete range of advanced wireless communications technologies, we turn complication into clarity. When we create integrated systems that require less space and power, we turn encumbrance into efficiency. When we align all of our resources to meet our customers’ specific needs, we turn anxiety into accountability. And when we provide a complete solution that allows customers to focus on market demands rather than operational demands, we turn obstacles into opportunity.
Contact UP TEKS if you are:
- looking for types of electronic components that are no longer made,
- looking for electronic components with special features,
- trying to make 2nd brand of components, and sourcing for components from particular suppliers and looking for reasonably priced components.