Micron Technology, Inc. is an American multinational corporation based in Boise, Idaho, best known for producing many forms of semiconductor devices. Founded in October 1978, is a global leader in the semiconductor industry. For years, Micron has dedicated itself to collaborating with customers and partners to engineer technology that drives innovation and transforms what's possible. Micron offers the industry's broadest portfolio of silicon-to-semiconductor solutions - starting with foundational DRAM, NAND, and NOR Flash memory, and extending to SSDs, modules, MCPs, HMCs, and other semiconductor systems. This best-in-class technology powers leading-edge computing, consumer, enterprise server and storage, networking, embedded, automotive, industrial, and mobile products.
Micron's teams of dreamers, visionaries, and scientists have redefined innovation - designing and building some of the world’s most advanced memory and semiconductor technologies. We develop the technologies that transform what's possible. In fact, you likely use our memory every day — in products from computing, networking, and server applications, to mobile, embedded, consumer, automotive, and industrial designs. As one of the most prolific patent holders in the world we continually rethink, recast, and advance new ideas to bring innovation to broader markets and find ways our technology can inspire new applications or make fundamental improvements to existing designs. Our roots are in memory, the core strength of our business. As we look toward the future, we'll continue to build on our past achievements by leveraging the synergies between our core memory business and diversified products and technologies that help drive innovation and growth in new markets.
As the only U.S.-based DRAM manufacturer, Micron leverages an expansive global footprint and proven technology leadership to make it easier for customers to try new things and gain competitive advantages in their markets.
- July 2, 2012 - Micron Technology, Inc. and Elpida Memory, Inc. announced that the parties have signed a definitive sponsor agreement for Micron to acquire and support Elpida. Micron Increases global scale and enhances mobile portfolio with Elpida's Technology, Micron also to acquire Rexchip shares from Powerchip. Elpida Memory, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of dynamic random access memory (DRAM) integrated circuits. The company's design, manufacturing and sales operations are backed by world class technological expertise. Its 300mm manufacturing facilities, consisting of its Hiroshima plant and a Taiwan-based joint venture, Rexchip Electronics, utilize the most advanced manufacturing technologies available. Elpida's portfolio features such characteristics as high-density, high-speed, low power and small packaging profiles. The company provides DRAM solutions across a wide range of applications, including personal computers, servers, mobile devices and digital consumer electronics.
- Feb 9, 2010 - Micron Technology, Inc. and Numonyx Holdings B.V. announced that the companies have signed a definitive agreement under which Micron has agreed to acquire Numonyx. The transaction further strengthens Micron's position as one of the world's leading memory companies, with a broad portfolio of DRAM, NAND and NOR memory products and strong expertise in developing and supporting memory system solutions. Micron would also gain increased manufacturing scale globally and access to Numonyx's customer base, providing significant opportunities to increase multi-chip offerings in the embedded and mobile markets.
Contact UP TEKS if you are:
- looking for types of electronic components that are no longer made,
- looking for electronic components with special features,
- trying to make 2nd brand of components, and sourcing for components from particular suppliers and looking for reasonably priced components.