Since its inception in 1983, IXYS Corporation (Nasdaq: IXYS), a Silicon Valley power semiconductor company, has been developing technology - driven products to improve power conversion efficiency, generate clean energy, improve automation and provide advanced products in the transportation, medical and telecom industries. A development pioneer of power semiconductors, integrated circuits and RF systems. IXYS Corporation is a global supplier of power management semiconductors with a comprehensive range of Power MOSFET, IGBT, bipolar, and mixed-signal IC solutions that provide improved efficiency and reduced energy costs in a wide range of power system applications.
- Power Semiconductors: IXYS' power MOS product lines include power metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistors (MOSFETs), insulated gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs) and BIMOSFETs. IXYS' power MOSFETs are used in large power conversion systems and applications from 60 to 4,000 volts. Its IGBTs are used in alternating current motor drives, power systems and defibrillators. Bipolar products include rectifiers, thyristors and GTOs.
- Integrated Circuits: Through its subsidiary, Clare Inc., IXYS designs optically isolated solid state relays, mixed-signal custom ASICs and ASSP integrated circuits (ICs) for the telecommunications market. IXYS' application experience has also led to entry into industrial, consumer and flat panel display markets.
- Microcontrollers: Through subsidiary, Zilog, Inc., IXYS introduced application specific, embedded microcontroller units (MCUs) that are system-on-chip (SoC) solutions for industrial and consumer markets. MCUs enable digital power management and embedded control.
- RF Power & Systems: Through its subsidiaries, Microwave Technology, Inc. and IXYS Colorado, IXYS manufactures radio frequency (RF) and microwave discrete semiconductors, GaA Schottky diodes, MOSFET Driver ICs, wireless, microwave and MMIC amplifiers and hybrid modules. Products are found in industrial RF applications, medical applications, military/aerospace and telecommunications.
- Green Energy: Wind Energy: IXYS supplies phase control devices, Wespack, for use in thyristor AC regulators to connect wind generator output to the electrical grid. IXYS' Press Pack IGBTs are utilized as the mast head converter/inverter or the ground based synchronization element. Solar Energy: IXYS' solar products include diodes, solar cell arrays/cards for charging batteries in portable electronics, solar bit evaluation boards, Schottky rectifiers for solar cell generation systems and portable solar battery chargers.
IXYS has grown to become a premier global power semiconductor manufacturer. The company's located worldwide, offer a diversified product base of specialized power semiconductors and integrated circuits utilized by customers in industrial, transportation, telecommunications, computer, medical and consumer markets. Diminishing natural resources, demand for cheap energy and environmental directives for energy efficiency represent a significant challenge. IXYS' technologies play a vital role in reducing energy costs and consumption by optimizing the energy efficiency of everyday products. IXYS continues to invest in new technologies through acquisition and internal R&D aimed at complementing IXYS' strengths in power, as well as expanding its market opportunity into emerging high growth markets, including energy management and power quality.
Today, IXYS offers products and technologies that span the entire power spectrum, addressing more than 90% of the overall power market ranging from high power semis and refined power MCUs to inverter components for wind/solar energy.
Contact UP TEKS if you are:
- looking for types of electronic components that are no longer made,
- looking for electronic components with special features,
- trying to make 2nd brand of components, and sourcing for components from particular suppliers and looking for reasonably priced components.